GREENSBORO — The Guilford County Division of Community Well being has been named the 2021 North Carolina Community Wellness Affiliation Dr. Sarah Taylor Morrow Health Office of the Year. This award is specified to well being departments who have demonstrated exceptional and exemplary health initiatives and applications.
The health and fitness office was awarded the NCPHA Health Section of the 12 months for its special capability to give COVID-19 services even though at the same time addressing precedence overall health concerns in Guilford County. Dr. Iulia Vann is director of the Guilford County health and fitness division.
“Receiving this award is a whole-circle and historic minute for the GCDPH — as the award is named in honor of Guilford County’s really first female General public Well being Director, Dr. Sarah T. Morrow,” Vann claimed in a news release.
“When Dr. Morrow, who nonetheless follows us very intently from her property in Wilmington, NC, found out that we obtained this award she said, ‘Well of course they did!’ This is these a special minute for us and it is truly an honor to proceed the wealthy legacy of monumental achievements in general public well being in Guilford County,” Vann mentioned.
People today are also reading…
Some of the department’s operate regarded in the determination involves:
- Guilford County Formerly Incarcerated Changeover Plan
- Treatment management for higher threat pregnancy
- Addressing the requirements of neighborhood members with housing insecurity
- Collaborative opioid recognition and outreach initiatives
- COVID-19 screening, deal tracing, surveillance, vaccinations, mitigation and a nationally acknowledged interaction campaign.
Award winners acquire a prize of $1,000.